Training and Resources
Training and Resources
OAE offers training and resources on a variety of topics that support a University experience that is inclusive of all participants. We encourage you to review the listings below to learn more.
Request a Training
OAE facilitates training on topics including discrimination and unlawful harassment, accessibility and inclusion of people with disabilities, and conflict resolution.
To request an in-person training from OAE, please contact Liz Honig (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For information regarding annual sexual misconduct prevention training, please visit EOP’s Annual Training Requirement page.
Training offerings include:
- Supporting Our Community: The University’s Policy on Harassment, Discrimination and Sexual Misconduct and Reporting Disclosures.
- Accessibility at the University of Chicago: Moving Beyond Compliance.
- Planning for Access: Best Practices in Hosting Inclusive Events.
We also will work with you to create a custom training upon request.
Online training options. Equal Opportunity Programs partnered with an external vendor, Everfi (LawRoom), to offer a variety of online courses. These trainings are available to all members of our campus community. To request access to a training, please contact Equal Opportunity Programs (email@example.com).
OAE is committed to providing information on best practices that support a University experience that is inclusive of all participants. For more information, click on the links to access the resources below.
- Office for Access and Equity brochure.
- Accessible Events Resource Guide.
- Accessible Events Resource Guide Checklist.
- Reasonable Accommodations for Faculty, Other Academic Appointees, and Postdoctoral Researchers.
For additional information regarding accessibility, please visit the Accessibility Resources page. For additional information related to Equal Opportunity Programs, please visit the Education and Training page.
Stay in Touch.
Visit the University of Chicago’s Lists page to subscribe to OAE’s listserv to receive a newsletter and updates from OAE. Please see below for past newsletter issues.
Can’t find what you are looking for?
Please contact Liz Honig (firstname.lastname@example.org).