AWARD: UChicago Awarded 2019 EVERFI Impact Award
UChicago Awarded 2019 EVERFI Impact Award
We are pleased to share that the University of Chicago has been recognized with the 2019 EVERFI Impact Award for demonstrating excellence in sexual assault prevention programming. The University is one of five institutions of higher education to receive this award for creating a safe and healthy college campus by implementing evidence-based practices.
EVERFI, a social impact education innovator based in Washington, D.C., chose winners based on the results of their Sexual Assault Diagnostic Inventory (SADI), which is a comprehensive, evidence-informed assessment of a school’s prevention programs and practices. Additional selection criteria included interviews with campus prevention experts and a careful review of each institution’s accomplishments from the previous year. All of this year’s Impact Award winners undertook a comprehensive review and examination of their policies and articulated specific, measurable goals for improving prevention.
EVERFI Impact Award winners consistently demonstrate a dedication to prevention efforts that exceed their peer institutions. For example,
- 2019 EVERFI Impact Award winners spend, on average, three times more per student on prevention efforts than peer institutions with a spend of $14.44 vs $4.78, respectively.
- 2019 EVERFI Impact Award winners average one full-time equivalent (FTE) dedicated to prevention per every 4,979 students vs non-recognized universities, which dedicate one FTE per 9,191 students.
- 87.5% of 2019 EVERFI Impact Award winners have engaged in a formal strategic planning process to inform and guide prevention efforts while only 46% of non-recognized institutions/organizations have undertaken the same process.
- 100% of 2019 EVERFI Impact Award winners have undertaken a comprehensive review and examination of their policies related to prevention vs 84% of non-recognized institutions/organizations.
- 100% of 2019 EVERFI Impact Award winners have articulated specific, measurable goals for improving prevention efforts compared to only 45% of non-recognized peer institutions/organizations.
At UChicago, we have a sustained commitment to fostering a safe, healthy, and respectful environment. This award is a reflection of our ongoing effort to prevent and address acts of sexual misconduct, strengthen University processes and policies, and implement current best practices for prevention.
We would like to acknowledge the significant contributions of student groups including the Office of the Provost Sexual Misconduct Student Advisory Board, the Phoenix Survivors Alliance, the Student Government Executive Committee, and the Committee on Sexual Assault Awareness and Prevention (SAAP) for their partnership in working to create a safe and inclusive educational environment. We also congratulate the Office for Sexual Misconduct Prevention and Support, specifically Shea Wolfe (Director), Vickie Sides (Associate Director), Megan Heckel (Associate Director), and the RSVP Program Peer Educators for this achievement.
To learn more about the Campus Prevention Network please visit https://everfi.com/networks/campus-prevention-network/.