News & Announcements
Equal Opportunity Programs News & Announcements
The University is fundamentally committed to values that promote the full participation of all members of our community. The University has created the Office for Sexual Misconduct Support and Resources, the Office for Access and Equity, and the Office for Affirmative Action to coordinate equal opportunity program efforts, and provide consultation, support and resources to the University community. This page will feature news of University initiatives.
- Campus Climate Assessment completed
- Appointment of new Title IX Coordinator for the University
- Implementation of Umatter website providing the ability to report information anonymously and/or electronically
- Creation of the Deputy Title IX Coordinator for Students/Associate Dean of Students in the University position
- Creation of the Assistant Director position for Equal Opportunity Programs
- Implementation of mandatory sexual misconduct awareness and prevention training for all members of the University community
- Office of the Provost’s Student Advisory Board on Sexual Misconduct
- New educational materials created including Title IX Fact Sheet for Students, Responsible Employee Response Guide, and guide to University Resources and Confidentiality Options
- No Contact Directive information updated for transparency in processes
- In-person educational sessions conducted, training over 2,000 University community members
- Establishment of the Office for Sexual Misconduct Support and Resources under the Office of the Provost’s Equal Opportunity Programs umbrella
- Office of the Provost’s Campus Partner Task Force on Sexual Misconduct and Campus-wide Prevention Advisory Committee
- Support Person Initiative
- New educational materials created including pregnant and parenting student information and respondent student resources
- Annual Reporting website, which includes Clery reports, Illinois Preventing Sexual Violence in Higher Education Act reporting, and Campus and Student Life annual data
- Collaboration with Student Government and Sexual Assault Awareness and Prevention Committee on Sexual Assault Awareness Month
In keeping with its long-standing traditions and policies, the University of Chicago considers students, employees, applicants for admission or employment, and those seeking access to University programs on the basis of individual merit. The University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law (including Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972). For additional information regarding the University of Chicago’s Policy on Harassment, Discrimination, and Sexual Misconduct, please see: http://harassmentpolicy.uchicago.edu/page/policy.
The University official responsible for coordinating compliance with this Notice of Nondiscrimination is Bridget Collier, Associate Provost for Equal Opportunity Programs. Ms. Collier also serves as the University’s Title IX Coordinator, Affirmative Action Officer, and Section 504/ADA Coordinator. You may contact Ms. Collier by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, by calling 773.702.5671, or by writing to Bridget Collier, Office of the Provost, The University of Chicago, 5525 S. Ellis Ave., Room 171, Chicago, IL 60637.